DIRECTV: Everything You Need To Know
Written by Dan Star
If you’re looking to enhance your digital satellite entertainment services for your customers, you need the speed, reliability, and performance of DIRECTV.
Satellite has long held a distinct advantage over cable TV. While cable TV is limited in several ways, there are no limitations on the size, bandwidth, or quality of DIRECTV. With over 14 million subscribers in the United States, DIRECTV’s services have taken the TV world by storm.
Keep reading to learn more about how DIRECTV has changed the face of the entertainment service industry, and how DIRECTV can change the way you provide entertainment to your guests, residents, or patients.
What Is DIRECTV?
Founded in 1994, DIRECTV is the leading digital satellite entertainment service provider. DIRECTV has access to the most up-to-date satellite technology for your every entertainment need. It offers a vast selection of over 250 channels with digital-quality picture and sound. DIRECTV works through the use of broadcast satellites. Through these satellite transmissions, it transmits digital satellite television audio into the homes and businesses of its consumers. The necessary equipment consists of a satellite dish, a set-top receiver, and a remote. These stellar services are available for residential homes, hospitals, hotels, senior living communities, and other properties.
DIRECTV is known for offering a wide array of sports and movie packages. It not only offers the sports and movies that you love, but it also provides over 200 channels with a crystal-clear picture.
DIRECTV is constantly improving and upgrading its satellite and receiver technology, directly benefiting the consumer. Offering high-definition channels is superfluous if there’s nothing on; DIRECTV offers the best packages and channels to provide customers with content they want to watch. These services have a wide-ranging lineup of channels and packages that include your favorite entertainment, sports, movies, premium channels, and more.
Whether you’re running a hotel, hospital, vacation home, or another facility, DIRECTV offers guests an unparalleled entertainment experience. Your guests will have access to programming they want to see without breaking your entertainment budget.
DIRECTV Satellite and Stream
DIRECTV’s satellite and streaming packages reign supreme in the entertainment service world. These services offer hundreds of channels with fantastic picture and sound. And when you connect with DIRECTV Stream, you can bring your favorite entertainment wherever you go.
You can link DIRECTV with any streaming device, such as Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Firestick, Samsung, or Apple TV. This makes it easy to deliver entertainment to your visitors and guests, no matter where you are.
Along with these helpful features, DIRECTV comes equipped with Cloud DVR. This allows your guests to record as many shows as they want simultaneously. With Cloud DVR, your guests won’t have to worry about missing their favorite shows while they’re away from home. Whether you want to binge your favorite show or follow a new one, DIRECTV Stream has exactly what your customers are looking for.
Satellite vs. Streaming
DIRECTV offers both excellent satellite and streaming options. Deciding between these services can be difficult, and there’s much to consider.
Satellite services provide excellent reliability. The TV signal is 99% reliable, and only the worst of storms usually affect the signal. With satellite, you don’t need a strong internet connection to watch TV. This makes it easy to provide excellent programming services to various guests, residents, or patients in buildings of any size.
On the other hand, a reliable internet connection is required with streaming services to achieve a clear and consistent picture. With streaming, you can take DIRECTV with you wherever you go. This means that your customers will have access to a wider variety of programming.
With streaming, you’re also able to use compatible streaming devices. A satellite dish is difficult to move, and you can’t take it with you. Streaming devices are compact and easy to install in various hotel rooms, hospital wings, and more.
Custom DIRECTV Options
At Groove Technology Solutions, we offer three DIRECTV bundle options that can be tailored to fit your unique needs: Advanced Entertainment Platform, DIRECTV Residential Experience, and Internet Protocol TV.
1. Advanced Entertainment Platform (AEP) – If you’re ready to bring a future-ready entertainment experience to your property, you need AEP. This solution combines linear satellite and broadband over-the-top (OTT) content for an enhanced entertainment experience. This next-generation solution also adds an in-room set-top box, antimicrobial custom remote, and cloud services to the HD COM systems. AEP boasts the following additional features:
- Flexible, cloud-delivered updates
- A customizable home screen
- 4K HDR content
- Remotely manageable
- STAYCAST Streaming from personal devices
- App-based and On-Demand programming
- It’s like TV with sports, breaking news, shows, and more.
2. DIRECTV Residential Experience (DRE) – The DIRECTV Residential Experience (DRE) provides the most consistent and interactive in-room experience across the country. Properties benefit from easy, flexible, and compatible technology with most TVs and wiring. This experience combines DIRECTV linear satellite and broadband over-the-top content for an enhanced experience. DRE is just like DIRECTV at home, with the following additional features:
- A complete residential lineup with 100+ HD channels
- DVR – Record live TV in every room
- Free Welcome Screen integrating property info, in-room messaging, and local attractions
- HBO & Showtime On-Demand capabilities
- Simplified, antimicrobial remote
- Remote monitoring and management
- Interactive HD programming guide
- Property Management System integration is possible with most systems
3. Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) – Delivering TV programming through your property’s internet service or LAN connection, IPTV is cost-effective, flexible, and highly interactive. You can stream media options for Video on Demand (VOD) to generate extra revenue for your property.
Get DIRECTV With Groove Technology Solutions
There is no better way to offer media to your guests than by investing in DIRECTV. If you’re ready to take your entertainment services to the next level, Groove Technology Solutions is here for you! With more ways for guests, residents, and patients to access content plus the ability to add customized features and the flexibility of a future-ready system, our DIRECTV options can be tailored to fit your property’s needs.
Get started by requesting a quote today!