Enable 480i display for non HD capable televisions
Changing your DRE receiver to non HD for non HD televisions. Below are the steps to make any DRE receiver […]
1. Q: How do I program my remote?
A: Find your remote model in the top left corner and find your remote instructions below.
See docs below: Remote Instructions for RC80HB, Remote Instructions for RC71H, RC72H, RC73H, Remote Instructions for RC65 and RC66
2. Q: How do I connect my DIRECTV receiver?
A: See the “Receiver Installation Guide” below
3. Q: How do I activate my new DIRECTV receiver?
A: Contact DIRECTV Lodging & Institutions department at 1-800-388-2505. Be prepared to give DIRECTV your receiver information and make sure to be in front of the TV at the time of the call to verify programming.
4. Q: I am getting one of the following error codes on my TV. 711, 721, 722, 724, 725, 726, 727, 731, 732, 733, 734, 736, 741, 747, 751, 752, 763 or 764.
A: These error codes mean that DIRECTV needs to send to work with you to send a programming signal to your receiver. Contact DIRECTV Lodging & Institutions department at 1-800-388-2505. Be prepared to give DIRECTV your receiver information and make sure to be in front of the TV at the time of the call to verify programming.
5. Q: I am getting one of the following error messages on my TV. 771, 775, “Inclement Weather” or “Searching for Satellite Signal”
A: These error messages mean that the receiver is not receiving signal from the satellite dish and you will need to see the guide below to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. See the Error Messages 771, 771, Searching for Satellite Signal or Inclement Weather” below.
6. Q: How do I get a channel guide to put in our rooms?
A: Each property has a different channel line up. You can see on your DIRECTV bill which base programming package you pay for. For you convenience, we have included the base programming packages below. Select the base programming package you are currently paying for and feel free to print the document to provide in your rooms.
See docs below: Entertainment Base Package, Entertainment Base Package plus Movie Channels, Select Base Programming Package, Family Base Package plus Family Extra, Select Base Programming Package plus Movie Channels
7. Q: I am getting a “No Signal” message on my TV or I am getting a black, blue, or gray screen on my TV.
A: See the “No Picture or No Signal” guide below.
8. Q: Can I get some basic self-help tips to keep on hand?
A: Yes! We encourage each of our customers to understand and know their system. For your convenience, we have provided a basic self-help guide below.
9. Q: My receiver is not turning on, what do I do?
A: See the “No Power to Receiver” below.
10. Q: What do different error codes mean?
A: For your convenience, we have provided a document below listing all the error messages and their meanings.
See the Error Codes List below
11. Q: How can I hide channels from my channel guide?
A: Please use step-by-step instructions below to set up your custom channel guide
See Custom Channel Guide
12. Q: How can I use my HD receiver with my standard definition TV?
A: Please use step-by-step instructions below to enable your receiver to work on a standard definition TV.
See Instructions to Enable 480i